Wednesday 15 January 2014

Lunch-time Beauty Buys



So it's January, it feels like months since the last pay day and still so long until the next. I'm really skint but still couldn't resist buying myself a few things in Superdrug during lunch break at work. Luckily, Superdrug stocks the amazing MUA so I managed to get myself these 4 things for just over a tenner. (I was aiming for under a tenner which I would have been able to do, had there been any MUA matte lipsticks left in stock which are only £1!)

1. MakeUp Academy Professional Ever After Matte Palette - £4.00
I really like matte eye-shadows without any glittery bits that cheap ones so often have. I can wear any of these every day and all of the colours will suit my dark brown eyes. My favourite (which I bought it for, mostly) is the bluey-grey colour called 'Fog'. I also really like the darkish brown next to it which is called 'Truffle'. I'm a huge fan of these eyeshadow sets because they're so cheap and easy to carry around if I need a top up during the day. It'd be even more awesome if it had a mirror inside but that's just being fussy.

2. MakeUp Academy Undress Your Skin Radiant Under Eye Concealer - £3.00
I'm not really sure about this. I bought it because I had big dark circles under my eyes and had forgotten my usual under eye concealer. It took me a while of furiously twisting the bottom to actually get the product out and when I did I was underwhelmed.

3. Miss Sporty Perfect Colour Lipstick in Candy Cake - £1.59
In the photo it looks a lot darker than it actually is, it's really quite a light pink and matches my new favourite DM's in a similar colour which is why I bought it. Also, I'm getting a bit bored or wearing dark red lipstick which has been the colour I've been wearing the majority of the time for the past couple of months. I was going to buy an MUA lipstick but there were none left, and I really liked this shade. It feels nice on, I love the colour but it doesn't have much staying power.




4. MakeUp Academy Professional Blue Perfection Cream Blusher in "Dolly"
I was actually looking for a powder blusher but I thought I'd give this a go as I really liked the colour. I've been wearing a lot of light pink colours and wanted something in a peach colour for a change. It goes on really easily and makes me look a bit more 'healthy'.

That's all for now, I'm going to try not to buy any more make-up until pay day!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment