Wednesday 8 January 2014

2014 New Year's Resolutions

Hi. This is my first blog post. How exciting!

My name's Kat, I'm 28 years old. I live and work in London and am crazy about all things hair/make-up/TV/cats/etc, and that's all for now until I manage to write an 'About Me' page.

I wanted to start the New Year with a post about my New Year's Resolutions seeing as one of them is to:

1. Start writing a blog. I've always wanted to start writing a blog but I just never seem to get round to it. I get too caught up with trying to figure out how to make a blog look pretty, thinking up ideas for posts, looking at other people's blogs, watching v-logs and making lists until I lose all enthusiasm, put on Netflix and totally forget about it. This time I've decided to just jump straight in and start writing, I'm not going to worry about how rubbish my standard blogger template is or exactly what topic I should write about. For the moment I think I'm going to write hair, make-up and general lifestyle topics.

2. Give up the cigs. I've been a social smoker for a long time but over the last couple of years I've started smoking more and more. I'm not going cold turkey but I'm cutting down until I can quit. Currently down to 2 a day, unless I drink... which brings me on to.

3. Drink less! I think I would like 2014 to be the year I stop embarrassing myself at work drinks, and the year where I figure out my limit and take myself home after a few drinks instead of being the last one standing (almost).

4. Be nicer. I know this one sounds really vague, but I'd like to do more nice things for the people I love, moan less, and be generally more friendly and less grumpy I'M STRESSED GET OUT OF MY WAY face.

5. Take better care of myself. Maybe I could try going to bed at a decent hour, getting up earlier to make a bit more of an effort before I leave the house once in a while rather than turning up to work in a hoodie, scruffy jeans and odd socks. Maybe I could paint my nails, or put my make-up on in the comfort of my own home rather than whilst being jerked around on the Victoria Line.

There are many, many more..
- Buy less take-aways
- Drink more water
- Eat more vegetables
- Learn to draw
- Be a tidier and more organised human being.

ETC, ETC....

Obviously it's all a bit much to tackle in one month, and I'm sure by the end of 2014 I'm not going to be a tee-total super-friendly yoga practicing vegan with lovely hair and a perfectly tidy house, but even if I've just given up the cigarettes and I don't scowl at people I'll be happy...


No comments:

Post a Comment