Friday 17 January 2014

2014 Hair Stuff. Growing it long, ditching the straighteners, minimal dying.

image via Pinterest and here.

This year I'm going to attempt to have pretty hair. Long pretty hair.
I haven't managed to grow my hair long since my early 'teens, mostly because I get bored so easily and chop it off, but also because of the suffering I put it through. I've dyed my hair countless times, used straighteners on it almost daily for the past 10 years, and blasted it with hot hair-dryers. I also have naturally coarse porous hair which is really susceptible to any damage, it tangles easily and this makes having long hair a bit of a challenge.

I have been growing out a pixie I had over a year ago and my hair is now actually quite long, (just below shoulder length) and I'm aiming for another 6 inches.

To help grow my hair long quickly I'm going to do the following mostly obvious things this year, until I reach my desired length.

- Take a good multivitamin.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables and oily fish.
- Avoid applying heat to my hair as much as I can.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Not cut my hair (obviously!)
- Dye my hair no more than once every 2 months.
- Regularly use intense conditioners to limit the tangles (I usually get lazy with this.)

Also for the next 3 months (as of last week) I'm going to avoid my straighteners completely. I've already gone one week without using them so I'll see where I'm at on the 10th of April.

I wanted to give up the dying completely but I'm not quite ready to reveal my silvers just yet..

Good luck growing your hair out if you're trying! It's so tempting to cut it all off when it's misbehaving.

Kat x


No comments:

Post a Comment